Success is a series of small actions and habits, done consistently.
‘We can become whatever we decide to become, at any time. It’s our God given right and ONLY human beings have this attribute’.
Our wealth self-image has been formed over time by our parents and the environment we come from, but reprogramming is possible. This is what the Rich do regularly, to keep getting wealthier and wealthier and to hold on to their money too. It takes a bit of time and effort. This article is a continuation of the last one in our previous edition and I will give some tools and tips for us to use in taking action, to improve our thinking and success.
How can we get wealthy, especially if we have a poor wealth mindset?
For us to begin our journey on the road to wealth, we must begin to ask some pertinent questions of ourselves that will lead us to examine our money thought patterns and habits. We must start listening to our words, to find and expose our deep money habits and uncover our current wealth self-image levels, then we can begin to reprogram them, if we find that they are not in alignment with the future person we would like to be.
How to reprogram our WSI (Wealth Self-Image)
1. First, have the awareness that our image is at a certain level and we genuinely want to have more abundance in our lives. It must be genuine for us to be consistent with the efforts required.
2. Watch the words we use about ourselves when it comes to money.
3. Stop saying things like “I’m always broke” “I don’t want too much money, I just want enough”, Rich people are wicked”, “Money is the root of all evil”, “etc. Stop saying these things, they reinforce a poor person’s beliefs and self-image in you and will work subconsciously against you when you have wealth opportunities.
4. Begin to believe that you are blessed and can be rich, that God made a world of abundance and wealth is possible for anyone, if acquired the right way.
5. When you catch yourself being negative about wealth building, stop those thoughts immediately and instead say to yourself, I can do it, I have all the resources to live a life that’s full of abundance.
6. Take things to the next level and begin to read books about wealth, articles about wealth etc. Spend time watching YouTube videos about how people create and handle wealth, follow the right people on social media who give genuine tips about wealth and begin to see what a rich lifestyle is about.
7. Create an image of yourself living your ideal life and often revisit this image in your mind and try to generate and feel the emotions that you would feel, when you have achieved that level of success. The more you replay this image in your mind with emotions, the faster your mind will reset your internal wealth self-image and slowly begin to build it up.
8. Begin to practice what wealthy people do, start saving and looking around for how to add value where you work or in your business and in life. When you get more confident about money, you will begin to see and take more opportunities that come your way to make you richer.
BONUS TIP: Wealth image mind hack:
The mind thinks in pictures and not words, so take advantage of this and generate pictures of the types of things you want, then hold these images in the mind frequently, to rapidly change your money image levels. Do not think about limitations and things you do not want, build the habit of only thinking about the things you want, and your life will begin to move in that direction.
You can use these questions to deepen the process and generate images and thoughts that will help:
How much would you like to have sitting in your bank account? Imagine it.
How much will you like to earn yearly? What currency? Anything’s possible and you must believe this.
Where would you like to live if you had no restrictions on money?
What car would you like to own and drive?
Where would you go on holidays?
What will you do with your time when you have money? What would you do to help humanity if you had all the money you wanted? Etc.
These are the sort of questions we need to begin to ask ourselves to generate images as answers, so that we can begin to feed our minds a better idea of what we would like it to hold about us and do for us. The more we create images of abundance and wealth, the quicker the mind will accept these new ideas and adjust its mental model-image and our actions will move towards achieving the wealth we see.
The average Nigerian learns about money by accident, mostly by observing their parent’s thoughts and actions while still young. We become accustomed to learning by osmosis, what we see others do. Society as well plays a big part in programming us with ideas about what’s possible and what’s not. These attitudes once formed in our subconscious minds become the real baseline we ALWAYS default to later in life. No one can consistently act out of alignment with their major beliefs, which limits us, but which can also help work for us once we become self-aware.
Once we become aware of what really happens in the mind about our beliefs, we are on the way to becoming unstoppable towards a much better life in general.
Begin today, it’s you versus you and it’s possible.